Sacramento Martial Arts and Karate
While leaving Sacramento was an easy decision for me in many ways, being more than 500 miles away from the Dojo was almost a deal breaker for me. In an attempt to mitigate this, I am going to train here in Oregon, and log my training efforts.
My Three Goals:
1) Increase my fitness level and maintain my knowledge of Isshinryu.
2) Be prepared mentally and technically for the September belt testing.
3) Find training partners to encourage and be encouraged by.
The Path: Workouts at least 6 days of the week, building toward at least: 30 minutes of cardio, focused execution of each of the four kata I know four times each, 150 situps and 150 pushups. On this base I hope to add sparring and exchange of martial arts knowledge. I will log my activity for the week each Saturday.
2.5 Mile run with roommate
Seisan, Seiuchin, Naihanchi, Wansu each: 1x slow with focus on snapping strikes, 1x full speed/power
50 knuckle pushups, 50 standard pushups
120 situp/crunch type exercises
Goals for workout by 6/23:
1) Figure out where to setup bag
2) Order maki wari
3) Increases total pushups to 120
4) Execute kata at full power at least twice each